BWH Procedure Following Blood/Body Fluid Exposure
If you are exposed to blood or visibly bloody fluids from:
- Needlestick, or cut from sharp object
- Splash to eyes, mouth, nose, or open cut
Take the following steps:
- Wash or flush affected area
- Page STIK Beeper - #3 STIK (37845)
- Notify your supervisor
- Obtain evaluation and treatment in Occupational Health
Monday-Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm
Brigham and Women's Hospital Occupational Health Services,
10 Vining Street, Suite 104, in the Neville Building.
The phone number is (617) 732-6034.
Off Hours: Emergency Department
It is important to report exposure within 1-2 hours. You may need immediate treatment.