1. Sign up for a New Volunteer Orientation (NVO) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting desired orientation date (see NVO schedule). Space is limited and registrations are taken on a first come, first served basis. Email should include the following:
You will receive a confirmation email from the Program & Training Coordinator that will include a link to the Volunteer Application, additional paperwork that will need to be collected, and directions to the conference room where the orientation will be held.
2. Gather/complete the following items:
3. Attend scheduled NVO date
4. Attend scheduled Interview with Program & Training Coordinator
5. Attend scheduled appointment at Occupational Health Services & receive full medical clearance from OHS.
6. Receive BWH ID badge, volunteer jacket ($21 cash only deposit), and PIN number to sign in/out for shifts from OSSVS
7. Begin volunteering!
Note: If the volunteer is a minor (age 16-17) s/he will need to bring the following additional forms to NVO: