The Brigham and Women's Hospital Young Professionals group focuses on providing professional development, networking opportunities, and support to early career professionals. We are a group made up of volunteers who organize events including professional development opportunities, volunteer activities, sports teams, and social outings. Members of the YP community include those that identify themselves as a young professional.
All BWH employees who identify themselves as young professionals are welcome to be a part of the BWHYP Community by actively participating in events and programs organized by the BWHYP Board. For BWH employees interested in learning more about how to join, please find additional information at our PikeNotes page.
The BWHYP Board
The BWHYP Board consists of 20+ BWH employees who volunteer their time to cultivate a sense of community among young professionals, build inclusivity in the workplace, foster future leaders, and improve hospital policies/procedures. The Board committees collaborate to plan and execute events and programs focused on professional development, networking, community service, as well as sports and other special interests.
Examples of past and ongoing events, resources, and programs:
- Professional Development: workshops to identify/apply for jobs and graduate school; panel presentations by industry leaders; reading recommendations from senior leaders; and our very popular "Coffee With" series.
- Networking: speed networking; trivia nights with hospital leaders; quarterly new hire socials; socials with other Longwood Medical Area (LMA) Young Professionals groups.
- Sports and Special Interests: soccer, softball, and other sports leagues; running club; game nights; competition series between LMA young professionals
- Community Service: canned food drives; blood drives; fundraise for charitable organizations in collaboration with local vendors; volunteer opportunities at road races, galas, and more with diverse local community partners.
In line with the overall Brigham values:
- We care: We strive to cultivate a welcoming and engaging environment for BWH young professionals.
- We’re stronger together: We recognize the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and diverse contributions in the pursuit of our mission.
- We pursue excellence: We believe in lifelong learning and continuous improvement, as well as sharing this passion with the broader BWHYP community as they navigate their careers.
- We create breakthroughs: We strive to discover new ways to enrich the work lives of the BWHYP community and provide them with resources to promote innovation in their workplace to make tomorrow better- for the people here and around the world.
If you have any questions or would like to get more involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.