Through our affiliation with the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, our practitioners are skilled in cancer pain assessment and palliative pain management.
Procedures they perform include a variety of neural blockade procedures and interventions such as radiofrequency lesioning, chemical neuroablation, and implantation of spinal cord stimulators, intrathecal pumps and epidural portacaths.
Pain Management Center
The Pain Management Center includes staff with backgrounds in anesthesiology, neurology, psychiatry, psychology, dentistry, acupuncture, and nursing. We stress a unified approach to the evaluation and management of simple and complicated pain problems.
The Center focuses on:
- Making patient care our highest priority
- Setting exemplary standards in patient care, education, and clinical research
- Using our clinical research to continuously improve the quality of our services
- Developing comprehensive programs that address the medical, physical, psychological, social, spiritual, vocational, and economic concerns of our patients and their families
- Making compassion, hope and creativity the hallmark of our services, while recognizing the uniqueness of each individual
- Dedicated excellence in providing quality, comprehensive medical and rehabilitation services to patients who experience pain
Visit our Pain Management Center pages for more detailed information about our services.
Our associated Clinical Trials Center offers learning opportunities for clinical research for chronic and acute pain. Learn about clinical trials in pain management through our Translational Pain Research Group.
Our Center for Pain Medicine accepts eight fellows each year into a comprehensive training program stressing compassionate, appropriate, and knowledge-based care, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice. Our Program has been recognized for excellence by the American Pain Society.
Learn more about our Pain Medicine Fellowship Program.