The Center for Perioperative Management and Medical Informatics, based in the Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, works to improve patient care and operating room efficiency, promote clinical research, and provide educational opportunities.
By coordinating a multidisciplinary effort, the Center can help:
• Increase efficiency in the perioperative setting
• Optimize quality of care while decreasing costs
• Improve patient safety
• Analyze short- and long-term patient outcomes measures
• Encourage clinical research
• Educate current and future generations of practitioners
The Center serves the entire hospital. We collaborate with hospital administration, clinicians from anesthesiology, surgery and other specialties, nurses, Information Systems administrators, biomedical engineers, pharmacists, clinical researchers and statisticians, electronic educational specialists, and various units of Harvard Medical School.
The Center for Perioperative Management and Medical Informatics is directed by Pankaj Sarin, MD, MS, and Richard Urman, MD, MBA.